Saturday, June 6, 2009
Aglio e Olio
I like pasta dishes and this one is one of the simplest to make. It consists of just pasta, olive oil, garlic and hot pepper flakes. There are a lot of recipes on the web which has additional ingredients such as shrimps. However I came across Emeril Lagasse's which is just what I wanted. Very simple, basic aglio e olio.
This recipe yields 4-6 servings.
- 1 pound dried pasta (spaghetti, linguine, or your favorite pasta)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1) Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente.
2) Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until garlic is lightly browned. Remove from heat.
3) Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid, and place in a bowl for tossing and serving. Add olive oil mixture and toss. Add the reserved cooking liquid if mixture seems dry.