Tuesday, May 26, 2009
After going through a few websites looking for recipes for homemade noodle, I decided to try one with milk. The noodles were quite springy and very smooth. I will be adding baking soda to make them less dense and perhaps use water instead of milk in my other tries.
This recipe serves 3.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon milk
1) Put all ingredients into a bowl. Mix until the dough comes together and knead for 10-15 minutes. Rest for 30 minutes.
2) Roll out dough thinly. Noodles will expand when cooked. Douse with lots of flour.
3) Fold or roll the dough into a log and cut into thin strips.
4) Spread out noodles carefully while dousing noodles with flour and let dry for 2 hours.
5) To cook, boil in a pot of water for 10 minutes. Stir often to avoid clumping.