Why do dogs love liver so much? My dogs go crazy over these treats (from AllRecipes) and they're so easy to prepare. The internet has a lot of recipes for pet treats but the ingredients mostly include cheese or peanut butter. I remember reading somewhere that nuts are not good for dogs, though I might be mistaken. Nevertheless, I decided to avoid recipes with nuts to be on the safe side.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds beef liver, cut into pieces
1) Preheat the oven to 175C. Line a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
2) Place the liver into a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. If you have room, add the flour and eggs, and process until smooth. Otherwise, transfer to a bowl, and stir in the flour and eggs using a wooden spoon. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
3) Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the center is firm. Cool, and cut into squares using a pizza cutter. The treats will have a consistency similar to a sponge. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.