Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ricotta Pudding

I made cheese!! I was so excited seeing it form that it totally slipped my mind to take photographs. I will be doing it again so I'll have to remember to take photographs. Anyhow, as I was just experimenting with the technique, I made only a handful of cheese. You can't do much with so little an amount. I came across this recipe by Mark Bittman and decided to give it a go. I adapted it to the amount of cheese I have. The original recipe is as follows:

Ingredients

- 1 pound fresh ricotta, drained if very moist
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur, or to taste
- Powdered unsweetened cocoa for garnish

Method

In a bowl, beat together the ricotta and sugar, then add liqueur. Taste and add more sugar or liqueur as desired. Divide among 6 glass ramekins or other small bowls and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve, dusted with a little powdered cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment